Assist with producing handmade objects for sale using a variety of techniques, such as painting, staining, and product assembly. Occasional assistance with social media marketing and product photo staging.
You will be assisting with all of the following tasks...
- Create functional or decorative objects by hand, using a variety of methods and materials.
- Cut, shape, fit, join, mold, or otherwise process materials, using hand tools, power tools, or machinery.
- Apply finishes to objects being crafted.
- Develop concepts or creative ideas for craft objects.
- Select materials for use based on strength, color, texture, balance, weight, size, malleability and other characteristics.
- Advertise products and work, using media such as internet advertising and other marketing methods.
- Set specifications for materials, dimensions, and finishes.
- Plan and attend craft shows to market products.
- Create prototypes or models of objects to be crafted.
- Confer with customers to assess customer needs or obtain feedback.
- Fabricate templates to guide craft production.
- Develop product packaging and display strategies.
- Research craft trends, venues, and customer buying patterns to inspire designs and marketing strategies.
- Sketch or draw objects to be crafted.
Must have experience in painting with mixed media. Strongly skilled in visual arts. Basic knowledge of Adobe Illustrator (how to open files, export files, making minor changes to designs). Ability to listen intently and follow clear instructions. Active social media accounts preferred - you will be treated as a representative of Olivia's Design Company. This means sharing posts and remaining active on business pages by creating high quality content that will engage our customer base. You will need to have a reliable source of transportation to and from work. Background check will be required. Non-compete and non-disclosure agreements will need to be signed upon accepted job offer.
The schedule for this position is 8-10 hrs per week at some point Monday-Friday. Times are flexible and will be based off of when you are available.
Pay rate starts at $10/hr and has the possibility of bonuses. If you are an artist yourself, please submit any pieces you're proud of to firstname.lastname@example.org. We would love to view your portfolio!|||Clinton, IN|||||||||Amf84pUicT9YhVuj|||PART_TIME|||USD|||HOUR|||single|||10|||||||||true